Mat design allows placing propagation trays end to end (instead of side by side) on this mat. A 4' fluorescent light fixture will be perfect to provide supplemental lighting over this size area. These mats are 20% larger than competitive mats. This allows warming of 2 complete propagation trays to their edges. Helps gardeners have better success rates with seedlings and cuttings.
- Daisy chain your mats for ease of use. You can connect up to 10 mats together.
- Warms rooting area approximately 10-20 F over ambient temperature to improve germination process.
- Heavy - duty construction makes this mat very durable.
- Ed Hume Seal of Approval.
- Dimensions are 12" x 48" and it is 60 watts.
- Place mat on dry, flat surface.
- Plug the mat into a standard 120-volt power outlet.
- Put your seed flat directly on the war mat.
- The mat is designed to warm the temperature of the rooting area 10 -20 F above the ambient air temperature.
- For best results, locate on a counter top or shelf instead of a cold and drafty floor.
- Using a clear dome with your seed tray will help maintain temperature and humidity.
- Purchase a thermostat seperatly if you would like exact temperature control.
- If you would like to slightly reduce the temperature of your growing media, you can place your tray on two pencils lifting the tray 3/8" off the mat.
- Be careful not to expose your seedlings & cuttings to direct sunlight or artificial light that is too strong.
- Flourescent fixtures work great as an artificial light source.
- Lower wattage high intensity discharge (HID) lighting works well too, but needs to be placed about 3 feet from the starts.
Item Number: 136955
Universal Product Code: 870883002886
Manufacturer: Sunlight Supply Inc.
Manufacturer's Part Number: 726685
Brand: Super Sprouter